In addition, plastic cards can be used a wide range of ways.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. They are visual like most business cards, but they can also interact with machines.
No matter what line of business you are in, there is an innovative and growth-sparking use for printed plastic cards.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- In addition to lasting longer, plastic cards are readily recycled instead of winding up in a landfill.
- Some PVC cards are biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with soil and composite.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Do you have questions about plastic cards for your business? Would you like a quote? Please fill out this form for a prompt response. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals.
Choose from the best printer brands by using our easy-to-navigate website.
Read product reviews from real customers! Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Rely on our experts for support throughout the process.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t need to be a complex project. Focus on these 5 factors to help you in your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available as single or dual-sided models.
The single-side models are lower cost, but require more effort in printing to card backs. Dual sided card printers will save time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and cost-effective type of printer.
They infuse color onto cards with a ribbon with panels, but they have a tendency to leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print large batches usually need printers with larger hopper sizes, high-yield ribbons, and faster print speeds.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards significantly increases the durability and cost of ID cards. This process is essential for cards swiped or otherwise handled regularly.
Lamination can also be used to add security features like holograms.
Less expensive ways exist to add visual security, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Type of connection
These printers connect to any computer with a simple USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
An ID card printer can also be called a PVC card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a plastic used in a wide range of products. It is usually thought of in terms of construction, but it is a common material for ID cards, as well. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How is it that PVC card printers function?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto an ID card. Popular techniques for printing on PVC cards can include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation usually only applies to color PVC card printers; black and white PVC card printers call this process resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
This is a single-sided printer that allows for printing on card backs as an option.
Instead, you can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to run it through to print on the back.
You save $600.00 when flipping the card over yourself - the cost difference between a single sided and a dual sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy gives you a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. It consists of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (blank plastic cards and a color ribbon) for 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. Printing on Demand Badgy200 allows customers to print their cards immediately and independently.
Print your badges as you need them, as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database and add information to your card designs easily, in addition to launching a print run of your badges that include variable data with a single command.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
USER-FRIENDLY The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper. Both are located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite lets you control your printer from your computer and receive notifications and status updates. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is unbelievably small, so it’s easy to fit anywhere in the workplace considering it’s not even as large as a letter-sized sheet of paper.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy helps you print your own customized badges in color, with professional-level quality, whenever and wherever you want. This solution allows for the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- The Premier Card Printer
If you can print your cards on paper, you can print them on plastic.
- Badgy empowers you to print the badges you want, whenever and wherever you need them, in full color and professional quality.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can be used comfortably in any office space.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to assist customers with printing professional-quality brightly colored badges with ease.
- Badgy200 can fulfill all of your printing card needs when instant card production or graphic personalization is required for single cards or small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for designing and printing personalized employee, visitor, event badges, library, student or membership cards, and much more.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy includes a single installation CD that consists of the Badge Studio + software, the printer driver, and templates.
- Design and print professional grade, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- The Badgy200 is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and provides the opportunity to create personalized badges in seconds.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows control of the printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can find and personalize a template of your choice at Badgy.com, adding logos, text, photos, and much more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards - standard credit card size
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is one of the most affordable options you can buy, and it’s perfect for printing in low-volume applications. This is a complete all-in-one solution right out of the box, which makes it perfect for novice users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, that includes plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and a USB and power connection at the back.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, superior quality prints that cover the entire surface of the card, from edge to edge. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
You can conserve both electricity and money when using hibernation mode.
The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is ideal for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
In addition, it prints quickly at a rate of 95 color cards per hour and 325 monochrome cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Customize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy in batches or individually, whenever you need them! Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges